The Hidden Challenges of Public Cloud and SaaS Integration
By Brian Molinari
Reliance on cloud computing and other as-a-service solutions has revolutionized the scalability, cost-efficiency, and agility of IT environments, leading to impressive results in employee productivity, budgetary expenses, and product or service delivery.
Many executives assume that cloud adoption is a simple process, believing that moving workflows can be done with ease and security in the cloud is the same as on premises. In reality, there are dozens of considerations, challenges, and concerns that IT teams must address in order to take a business to the cloud.
This Whitepaper discusses:
- Cloud Security – answering the question: “who controls the data?”
- Identity and Access Management (IAM) – how social, mobile, analytics, and cloud technologies expanded the need for new controls and protocols, including authentication
- Technical Integration – how to manage integration points between on-premise and off-premise elements and cloud services
- Build Challenges – moving beyond industry-established techniques for standardizing and provisioning cloud-based environments
- Operations – handling the transition to the new day-to-day demands of supporting cloud services by building cohesive teams
- Cloud Maturity – how to address the relatively low maturity of technologies that underlie cloud computing
- Lighting the Shadows of Clouds – the importance of a clear understanding of the complexity of the public cloud