The Hidden Challenges of Public Cloud and SaaS Integration
By Brian Molinari
Reliance on cloud computing and other as-a-service solutions has revolutionized the scalability, cost-efficiency, and agility of IT environments, leading to impressive results in employee productivity, budgetary expenses, and product or service delivery.
Many executives assume that cloud adoption is a simple process, moving workflows can be done with ease and security in the cloud is the same as on-premise. In reality, there are dozens of considerations, challenges and concerns that IT teams must address in order to take a business to the cloud.
This Whitepaper discusses:
- Cloud Security – answering the question: “who controls the data?”
- Identity and Access Management (IAM) – how social, mobile, analytic, and cloud technologies expanded the need for new controls and protocols, including authentication
- Technical Integration – how to manage integration points between on-premise and off-premise elements and cloud services
- Build Challenges – moving beyond industry-established techniques for standardizing and provisioning cloud-based environments
- Operations – handling the transition to the new day-to-day demands of supporting cloud services by building cohesive teams
- Cloud Maturity – how to address the relatively low maturity of technologies that underlie cloud computing
- Lighting the Shadows of Clouds – the importance of a clear understanding of the complexity of the public cloud